Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cracked Headlight - Vendor Recommendation - Can I just replace the glass?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MARIAH has the old Mark II headlights with the little aux bulb.
    Today while giving her a bath, I noticed the silver lining (mylar?) is separating from the reflector area.

So, to keep this simple..... is the H6024 Sylvania a direct replacement using the existing plug and I'll only need to terminate the aux light as unused?

ps, I have enjoyed all the posts and related info but don't feel ready for a new "upgrade project" just now.
    PHILLIP, They call the wind MARIAH.
    "Against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
    Marines lend an air of dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. FFR#3175, Wimbledon/Guardsman, 302 Carb, CobraEarl's Footbox & Touring Trunk, Snapless Tonneau Cover, fabricated Luggage Rack, Whitby Hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MARIAH View Post
    MARIAH has the old Mark II headlights with the little aux bulb.
    Today while giving her a bath, I noticed the silver lining (mylar?) is separating from the reflector area.

So, to keep this simple..... is the H6024 Sylvania a direct replacement using the existing plug and I'll only need to terminate the aux light as unused?

ps, I have enjoyed all the posts and related info but don't feel ready for a new "upgrade project" just now.
    I just left the plug there, no termination, I just put a piece of tape over it. All seems to work fine the new units look better.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress