Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Could've had a V8

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Could've had a V8

My first FFR attraction was the GTM... Had to have one. But it was hard to swallow the total cost involved and finding the all the parts required would be a challenge not to mention stomaching destroying a beloved Corvette in the process. I have a C6 Corvette and I love it best sports car a man could own, Like I said, I am partial to Chevrolet.

Then the 818... as a die hard Chevy guy it was hard to think about the possibility of building a kit car from a Subaru. I can think of all of the rice jokes over the years and now I'm serving up a big dish of it. Iv'e been doing a lot of research on the Subaru boxer and I am very impressed with it's engineering, simplicity and HP potential with the little EJ. It is still my plan to build the 818 as was proposed by FFR.

But what if this was used instead? Here installed in a RWD Fiero.

LS41.JPGLS42.JPGLS43.JPG

The forgotten LSX... Chevy all aluminum LS4 5.3L V8 found in FWD Chevrolet® Monte Carlo® SS and Pontiac Grand Prix® with a 325ci transverse-mounted V8 engine that was rated at between 290 - 303 horsepower stock. Many have been retrofitted into Fiero's... Just change around the CV's like is done with the Subaru. Of course frame modifications would be required but damn the car would be cool!

Maybe my next build after the Subaru powered 818 is finished.

Food for thought!

Frank
    Last edited by CanadianYank; 09-19-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Spelerringg
    The most important things in the world have been accomplished by people who don't give up and have just kept on trying...