Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FAQ for builders north of the border.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Caution for Saskatchewan Owners

I just ran across this and thought it best to pass on some of my recent conversation with the SGI (Saskatchewan) folks responsible for 'Vehicle Standards and Inspections'. They're pretty strict in Saskatchewan about following TC's rules as far as various components such as brakes, suspension, drivetrain, etc. IOW, they will require anyone attempting to register a car to provide receipts from Canadian suppliers for such components. I fully understand many of these components are available outside Canada for less $$, but they don't care - if you can't prove you bought it in Canada they'll reject it. I was even told of a recent situation where the owner was given 30 days to export it or scrap it. Pretty harsh. Caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Ron, could you explain this a little further, as I'm sure many potential customers would like to know how to do this. It is a quote from a post you made in your blog, in answer to a blog post.

"There are parts that are not allowed to be imported at the same time you bring in the kit, but it's not hard to get them if you want them. And at no additional cost."

Is this relating to the deleted parts? Now, perhaps this is something you prefer to keep under the TC radar, and not publicly post, but will answer via PM's?

Post Thanks / Like
    Deleted
    Last edited by Jester; 07-13-2014 at 10:38 PM.