Well, it's not really a graduation thread as there are a few things on the car that are just an illusion (like the hood and trunk just being set in place for the photos), but I finally got my car to the point where I could take the four required photos (front, rear, and both sides) to submit to the State of Illinois as part of my application. I filled out all the paperwork back in the summer, but left it sitting (undated) on my workbench. Since the state requires the photos to show a completed car, I had to wait until now to submit everything. My application is now in the mail as of this morning, so let's start that clock ticking... Based on the experiences of a few others here and at the other board who've gone through the process in this state, I'm guessing it'll be 2 -3 weeks before the inspection and another 4 - 6 weeks after that for title and plates.

I still have a few things to take care of before that inspection, though, such as final work on the wipers, the aforementioned hood and trunk lid, and a few trim pieces (such as the under-door aluminum and carpet in those areas), and getting the 15" wheels and Avon tires worked out. But, I'm guessing that I'll be done with my to-do list sometime in the next week.

So, here for your consideration (as sort of a "pre-graduation") is FFR #7074: