BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust hanger for turbo cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    almost forgot, drill the holes for the trany mount end before you bend. I made the inner piece first(L shape) tried it and wanted more support so then I made the gusset (less angled piece).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, builder from another group, but saw this as I am researching my own custom hangers for my 33 as I am not using the FF supplied exhaust. These seem to be very effective mounts, and remember that you need to have some give in the exhaust to account for engine torque and movement. I couldn't tell from the pics if you have any sort of flex pipe in the mix to help. If not, a rigid mount like this could cause cracking anywhere in the system, especially on cast parts like manifolds.
    FFR HR #530
    Race car theme, Tim Whitaker roll bar, Autometer Autolite Gauges, Satin Black, SBC 383/700R4, 8.8 rear with Cobra Brakes, 3.29 gear, Boyd Tank, QA1 springs and shocks,

My build blog: http://jacks33hotrod.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maczter View Post
    and remember that you need to have some give in the exhaust to account for engine torque and movement. I couldn't tell from the pics if you have any sort of flex pipe in the mix to help. If not, a rigid mount like this could cause cracking anywhere in the system, especially on cast parts like manifolds.
    In the pictures above, the exhaust support bracket is attached to the transaxle (not the frame or body). This is obviously rigidly mounted to the motor, so no flex joint should be required, as it all (motor/trans/exhaust) moves together. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my plan as well.