Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The White Lightning 818e thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    Nice Bob! Those look really cool btw. What did you do about the control algorithm? Did you program it all yourself? What about motor parameters and modelling? I love the name "Fluxdrive".
    When do you think you'll start you e-build?
    The deep FOC code was already done, I did write the all the frontend code. I think I still own Fluxdrives, fluxvector, and electricmotorsports web domains.

Quote Originally Posted by John Rubicon View Post
    Hi Bob,

Impressive! I like how its a family passion. You and I and Speedy seem to have been bitten by the electric performance bug. That feeling is so powerfully different from infernal combustion that it lasts for decades.
    Are you selling inverter drives? If so, have you matched to an IPM machine?
    JR
    I been working on motor controller for the last 35 years. I'm having a blast working on my turbo 818.

I sold off my business in 08 and now work in the ev industry.
    Yes, A lot of stuff I've done in the last couple of years has been with IPM motors.

Talk about family. This is after we won the 2010 TTXGP national championship. My daughter, son and me on the right. If you guys know the name Jeff Major from the EVDL. He is a close friend in the back row.
    VIR2010.jpg
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 02-04-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread