Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chedda's 818S build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone gotten burnt out on this project? I'm tired of things going wrong all the time and frustrations galore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chedda View Post
    Has anyone gotten burnt out on this project? I'm tired of things going wrong all the time and frustrations galore.
    I have had moments were I just didn't feel like working on the car. It was mostly after I got to body stuff and wrapping up details. Sometimes progress is just slow and it feels like the work in and the results out don't match. Usually I get most frustrated when things that are supposed to work don't (or don't work as well as I think they should). One big thing for a long time was harness mounts. The R has them, the S doesn't, probably about $5 in material, $10 in labor to bend them, $20 in labor to have them welded. Would save a lot of time for the majority of S users that don't use factory seatbelts yet....they're not there. IMO, it's one of the "we can save money here, but we shouldn't". I've finally gotten around to making some mounts and have 1 welded in.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports