Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Andrew & Tamra's 818SR EM Autox Hybrid Destroked Long-Rod Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xxguitarist View Post
    I haven't seen anything about a CEL-free TGV delete option.. Do you have a link? My understanding was that it was just an easy code to delete, but CT is picky on not-ready sensors. I'm trying to avoid having to make a shortened version of the TGV rods to activate the sensors.
    All you'd have to do is drill out the actual valves off of the rods and shave away the metal from the interior runners of the aluminum housing. The rod would remain the same length and would be there to activate the sensors. I believe this is how you delete the valves without throwing a code and I was going to use this approach until I got a tactrix cable. Now I'm planning to completely delete the actuators, sensors, and rods and then clear the codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    All you'd have to do is drill out the actual valves off of the rods and shave away the metal from the interior runners of the aluminum housing. The rod would remain the same length and would be there to activate the sensors. I believe this is how you delete the valves without throwing a code and I was going to use this approach until I got a tactrix cable. Now I'm planning to completely delete the actuators, sensors, and rods and then clear the codes.
    That's exactly what is pictured above...and is our plan, unless the tuner says it can be taken care of with the Cobb. The flaps are removed, the aluminum divider is cut out.. and I also thinned out the profile of the rods when they're in the "open" position..

Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly what is pictured above...and is our plan, unless the tuner says it can be taken care of with the Cobb. The flaps are removed, the aluminum divider is cut out.. and I also thinned out the profile of the rods when they're in the "open" position..
    Ahh, couldn't see your pic - my work firewall blocks photobucket. The uploaded pics and other photo sites seem to work fine though. As long as you've removed the valves and aluminum, that takes care of most of the obstruction. I only want to delete the rods to use the tgv sensor 0-5V input for data logging temps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I installed GrimmSpeed PnP'd TGV deletes; from what I've read, this should be straight-forward to delete the CEL with the Cobb AP3 once I fire it up. Regardless of what the OBDII reports, the visual inspection of our SMOG check would catch a full delete. Hope if works for you! Luckily, with the SB100 option in CA, I don't have to worry about emissions (ironic, huh?).