Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What seats do you have for the 818S

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    FYI... You're about the same size as me, and I fit well in the large sized NRGs. They're not FIA certified, but do have a sub belt slot.
    Cool. It looks like when you buy the NRG, it comes with a side mount bracket. Did you use that bracket to attach to the 818 Frame?

It looks like both the NRG and the FX1 Pro are not FIA certified. If I remember correctly, that means at some track events I would need to have a rear seat brace, correct?
    Last edited by sponaugle; 04-23-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sponaugle View Post
    Cool. It looks like when you buy the NRG, it comes with a side mount bracket. Did you use that bracket to attach to the 818 Frame?
    Yes, the sidemounts work well, however do not line up with the x-tubes underneath for the mounting points, so you'll need to add some sort of weld or bolt in attachment points.

Quote Originally Posted by sponaugle View Post
    It looks like both the NRG and the FX1 Pro are not FIA certified. If I remember correctly, that means at some track events I would need to have a rear seat brace, correct?
    It should be fine for autocross and HPDE as OEM seats can be used in those cases, and that's all I'll I'll be doing with mine. I'm not sure about w2w or 1/4mile track use, but would go for a certified containment seat if that's your plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    I have the cheapest momo seat (the "Start") and it has the cutout for the 5/6 harness. I feel the seat is a good value and is comfortable for the short amount of time I've sat in it in my house, but I will say it's a little small. I have a 30" waist and it's comfortable. 32" would fit ok but 34" might be pushing it.
    Yea.. that might be a bit tight, although I prefer a seat that is a good hold. Something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Yes, the sidemounts work well, however do not line up with the x-tubes underneath for the mounting points, so you'll need to add some sort of weld or bolt in attachment points.
    It should be fine for autocross and HPDE as OEM seats can be used in those cases, and that's all I'll I'll be doing with mine. I'm not sure about w2w or 1/4mile track use, but would go for a certified containment seat if that's your plan.
    Ok. I figured I would have to make something to connect to the chassis. In looking, a lot of seats are not FIA approved, and I'll likely just be doing standard open track days so I should be ok.

I have the boyd tank and the rear wall moved back about 5 inches, so I should be able to push whatever seat I get back far enough.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jeff