While cruising YouTube doing research on what is the latest fiberglass techniques, ( been out of the game for awhile wanted to see if there was any new styles/materials for repairing fiberglass) stumbled across videos made by a guy named Pete, who as it turns out, is the shop owner of South West Rod and Custom in Dallas, Texas.

Mama always said, don’t judge a book by its cover, always read what inside before making judgment.

At first glance you will see someone who is ruff/gruff speaking, (very non Political Correctness) tattoo biker type. But after taking the time to look over his many videos, and listening to what he is trying to say, checking out his business website, I think you will find that Pete is an artist, hard working small business owner, with a deep love/respect for family, friends, music, cars, and most of all, helping others when he can, which explains the videos, as his way of giving to others the hard learned real life lessons and tips about working/repairing automobiles that he has gathered over the past thirty years. (He’s made numerous How To’s on building StreetBeasts kit’s, as well as other custom builds that are on YouTube)

My experience with Pete:

In his videos he states that if you have any questions call, or email him , and he will try to answer.

So I called, he was busy, and asked for my phone number so he can call back in five minutes. (I was thinking yeah right he’ll call back like the check is in the mail) Before five minutes passed my phone is ringing from Texas. Pete took the time out of his busy day to answer all my questions, and gave suggestions on how he would do certain fiberglass repairs. I found him to be the real deal.

Just as a suggestion, if you’re stuck in your build, have questions that you can’t find answers to, give Pete, a call, email, check out his YouTube videos. if you live in or near Dallas stop by and see how he is doing I don’t think you can go wrong with Pete at South West Rod and Custom

Now back to your regularly scheduled program