Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Georgia Registration

Post Thanks / Like

Georgia Registration

Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to build an 818 for a while now and finally got my donor. I am very curious to see if anyone has reigtered thiers in Georgia. I did some research and found that its a pretty big pain the the butt. The lady at the dmv gave me some papers which are pretty straight forward with forms, fees, and all that. But I am having a hang up that I dont understand. There is a category for "bills of sale" (I have bought and sold cars for a long time and know what a bill of sale is) and its says

"Bill(s) of sale showing the re-builder as the purchaser, listing each part used in repairing the vehicle must be submitted. These bill(s) of sale must indicate wether the part was new or used. The stock number or part number must be shown along with the part name, if the part is new. If the part is used, the serial number of the vehicle it was taken from must be shown. Each part's bill of sale must be signed with the full signature of the seller. If part bill(s) of sale are not avalible, a surety bond must be obtained and submitted to obtain a title"

I have a billl of sale from the seller and didnt plan on transfering title into my name because I am never going to drive that car (salvage title). I spoke with someone at the DMV custumer help desk and he talked to me for 20 mins only to find out he was talking about something called a "glider kit". So I finally get him to realize that it was not what I was asking about, we talked for a few more mins about the "bill of sale" and he tells me that I have to make a parts list and go to the previous owner and have them sign off on every part. I figured that cant be right and I asked to speak with a supervisor, he tells me that they will call me back in 24-48 hrs. I cant take my phone in my job so i ask to be called back after 4pm (they are open untill 4:45pm) and ended up getting a call back 4 days later at noon and didnt even get a voicemail.

Sorry for the long post but I am getting frustrated and just want some answers

TL;DR - How do you register a Kit car in Gerogia?

Post Thanks / Like
    In Connecticut, I believe they have similar verbiage. Since we titled the car in our name and got temporary registration and paid taxes on it, then we do not have to submit any further receipts. I believe that is only if you do not title and register the car prior to disassembly. Seems easier to just pay the taxes up front rather than doing all the receipts and other messy paperwork later... even if you don't plan to drive the car.
    Tamra
    Building 818SR #297 picked up 10/25/14 with Andrew (xxguitarist)
    First start 12/21/14, First "drive" 1/17/15
    First Dyno at EFI Logics 3/7/15- 310whp at 15psi for break in, full spool by ~3500rpm!
    First autocross 3/29/15
    1st Registered 818 in Connecticut 7/24/2015. 9 months - 1 day from kit pickup!

Post Thanks / Like
    Check on kit car registration, You need a COO from Factory Five two id plates, Title from donor car plus all the parts you bought. The state also requires some
    forms to be full out when you send the information to get the car inspected. The only problem you might have is emission testing the book says you must pass all the emission requirement for the year of the engine? If you live in a non-emission county you should be allright.

Post Thanks / Like

Georgia registration

I found a couple of things on the georgia dmv website regarding kit cars.take a look at the link below.

Title/registration: http://m.dmv.com/ga/georgia/custom-vehicle-registration

I am located in Atlanta, so if you ever want to collaborate on the kit build, feel free to message me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekim7878 View Post
    I found a couple of things on the georgia dmv website regarding kit cars.take a look at the link below.

Title/registration: http://m.dmv.com/ga/georgia/custom-vehicle-registration

I am located in Atlanta, so if you ever want to collaborate on the kit build, feel free to message me.
    After seeing the 818C I'm also interested in getting one registered here. One thing to note that is not an official Georgia DMV website so the info may not be totally correct. I'm wondering if one can register simply using the standard form as with any other "new" car?????
    Tim.

Knowledge is good-Faber.

I'm so broke I can hardly pay attention-Me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    I'm wondering if one can register simply using the standard form as with any other "new" car?????
    No, you must use the same forms as you would to register a roadster.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA