Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to build an 818 for a while now and finally got my donor. I am very curious to see if anyone has reigtered thiers in Georgia. I did some research and found that its a pretty big pain the the butt. The lady at the dmv gave me some papers which are pretty straight forward with forms, fees, and all that. But I am having a hang up that I dont understand. There is a category for "bills of sale" (I have bought and sold cars for a long time and know what a bill of sale is) and its says

"Bill(s) of sale showing the re-builder as the purchaser, listing each part used in repairing the vehicle must be submitted. These bill(s) of sale must indicate wether the part was new or used. The stock number or part number must be shown along with the part name, if the part is new. If the part is used, the serial number of the vehicle it was taken from must be shown. Each part's bill of sale must be signed with the full signature of the seller. If part bill(s) of sale are not avalible, a surety bond must be obtained and submitted to obtain a title"

I have a billl of sale from the seller and didnt plan on transfering title into my name because I am never going to drive that car (salvage title). I spoke with someone at the DMV custumer help desk and he talked to me for 20 mins only to find out he was talking about something called a "glider kit". So I finally get him to realize that it was not what I was asking about, we talked for a few more mins about the "bill of sale" and he tells me that I have to make a parts list and go to the previous owner and have them sign off on every part. I figured that cant be right and I asked to speak with a supervisor, he tells me that they will call me back in 24-48 hrs. I cant take my phone in my job so i ask to be called back after 4pm (they are open untill 4:45pm) and ended up getting a call back 4 days later at noon and didnt even get a voicemail.

Sorry for the long post but I am getting frustrated and just want some answers

TL;DR - How do you register a Kit car in Gerogia?