Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reverse Intake Manifold?

Post Thanks / Like

Reverse Intake Manifold?

I was wondering if anyone has tried flipping the Intake manifold on their subaru's tp help with the space required for an AWIC setup? It seems to me that if you flipped the intake that there would be a ton more space for the Intercooler core next to the turbo and then you could just run the intercooler piping to the front of the car. This would also solve the problem of trying to route a BPV/BOV underneath the intercooler setup.

If anyone has tried this let me know, I am very interested to see if this would get us some space. Here is a little tutorial I found online: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/diy-mods...-post-6-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Flipping is usually done when running a FMIC on a large turbo car. FMIC on small turbos don't make sense, and running piping from the rear of a car to the front of the car will seriously hurt your throttle response and increase turbo lag.

It could potentially be useful if you're running a setup like RM1sepex with the intercooler in the side scoop as you can eliminate one 270 deg bend.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I realized I said to the front of the car but I meant to the front of the rear engine bay, my mistake. Do you know if there would be space? I have seen your setup Craig and I will likely go with that but I was just wondering if this could bring about more space.