Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake effort?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchStone View Post
    Fully open is the recommend setting to start with. Should be located between one of the master cylinder outlets and the "T" that splits to the front brakes.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in go kart mode and only have about 15 miles on the car, just cruising around the neighborhood. The braking performance has been weak, but I rebuilt the calipers and have brand new rotors and pads (north east donor, everything was rotten) so I figured everything just hasn't had a chance to bed in. This discussion reminded me that I installed the valve but never adjusted it. I looked at it and found that it was all the way closed. I opened it all the way up but haven't been able to take it for a spin because it seems like all of Florida is underwater. I'll update you all after I go for a drive. Thanks for all the help!
    Kit #295 Picked up 11/26/2014!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suttonb3 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in go kart mode and only have about 15 miles on the car, just cruising around the neighborhood. The braking performance has been weak, but I rebuilt the calipers and have brand new rotors and pads (north east donor, everything was rotten) so I figured everything just hasn't had a chance to bed in. This discussion reminded me that I installed the valve but never adjusted it. I looked at it and found that it was all the way closed. I opened it all the way up but haven't been able to take it for a spin because it seems like all of Florida is underwater. I'll update you all after I go for a drive. Thanks for all the help!

Be careful adjusting the knob. It kind of works backwards as you might think. Below is off Wilwood's datasheet.

The adjusting knob is marked with an arrow indicating the direction required to decrease line pressure to the
    calipers. The knob rotated all the way out (counter-clockwise) will provide a maximum pressure reduction of
    57%. Rotating the know in (clockwise) will incrementally increase line prressure, up to full pressure. If the
    range of adjustment in the valve is not sufficient to properly balance the vehicle’s bias, changes to other
    components within the system may be necessary.
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 08-04-2015 at 11:17 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Experience counts. Get it here for free or on your own for $?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    Be careful adjusting the knob. It kind of works backwards as you might think. Below is off Wilwood's datasheet.

The adjusting knob is marked with an arrow indicating the direction required to decrease line pressure to the
    calipers. The knob rotated all the way out (counter-clockwise) will provide a maximum pressure reduction of
    57%. Rotating the know in (clockwise) will incrementally increase line prressure, up to full pressure. If the
    range of adjustment in the valve is not sufficient to properly balance the vehicle’s bias, changes to other
    components within the system may be necessary.
    Thanks for the heads up! First thing I did was to unscrew the valve expecting that would provide an unrestricted flow to the brakes. I haven't completed my car to the point of driving it yet so your advice has probably prevented an unhappy incident.