I fretted a long time over how I was going to finish off the waterfall. I just completed it and it turned out pretty good so I thought I would share what I did in case this can be helpful to others, particularly those with less than professional skills but want to do it themselves. I decided to go with two colors to match the paint scheme and I did not cover the outside panels that cover the door jams. I painted this area to uncomplicate the covering process even more.

Given that this is a large area and is a 3 dimensional shape, it seems like some cutting and seaming was required. The manual says to cut it in each corner. Add in a second color and sewing was definitely required. So I got out my wife's sewing machine and started practicing. I can do it sometimes, but not consistently good and since there are at least 4 seams and a transition to the painted sections, the chances of getting them all to come out looking good and then positioned correctly during the gluing process seemed unlikely.

So I stumbled onto this piece of upholstery trim called "Hidem" used to hide staples when used in upholstering. So I essentially cut all of the pieces of vinyl (5 total) and glued them down just butting them up to each other (used technique described in manual). Then I glued a 1/2 piece of hidem (cut a piece of full width in half lengthwise) on top of the seams. It looks like it was sewn in. The hidem was also a good transition from the vinyl to the painted door jams. Hope this helps someone.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg.