Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: STI Six-speed DCCD 2WD Conversion Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would a 2008 GR 6 speed work as well or is it a completely different setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iblackwe View Post
    Would a 2008 GR 6 speed work as well or is it a completely different setup?
    It can work. The part FFR sells is for a GD (pre-2008) transmission. The DCCD (center diff) is different for the GR's. Note that several people have welded the parts together rather than bolting. You cannot use the FFR piece and bolt it to the later model design of diff. Diffs are not interchangeable.
    I believe that this issue is discussed and described in this thread, if not another on this 818 forum. Try searching.
    I have a GD six-speed with close-ratio gears, built-in oil pump and an OS Giken LSD setup specifically for the 818 and racing. If this is of interest to you or anyone else PM me. I am thinking I may go with a five-speed. I also have the FFR adapter for the six-speed. The tail end is not modified.
    Last edited by Scargo; 12-24-2016 at 08:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    It can work. The part FFR sells is for a GD (pre-2008) transmission. The DCCD (center diff) is different for the GR's. Note that several people have welded the parts together rather than bolting. You cannot use the FFR piece and bolt it to the later model design of diff. Diffs are not interchangeable.
    I believe that this issue is discussed and described in this thread, if not another on this 818 forum. Try searching.
    I have a GD six-speed with close-ratio gears, built-in oil pump and an OS Giken LSD setup specifically for the 818 and racing. If this is of interest to you or anyone else PM me. I am thinking I may go with a five-speed. I also have the FFR adapter for the six-speed. The tail end is not modified.
    Based on reading up on 6-speed conversions, it seems to me that it is much easier to just buy the FF swap kit and source a 2006-2007 STI 6-speed trans. Creates less headaches...