Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '33

Post Thanks / Like

'33

Are most builders using automatic or stick transmissions? Does '33 kit allow either? Does the Mustang third member come with positraction or was that an option on different models? How do you identify which one you are looking at in a junk yard? What is the benefit of a three or four link set up? I quit hot toddling in 1968 and am trying to get back into this stuff as I come up to retirement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both auto and stick trannies will work so it's just about your preference. IF you want to add ride height by raising the car like some of us do the shorter/stick tranny will help keep the driveshaft from getting too steep.
    8.8 diffs come from a lot of different ford vehicles so you can have open or posi and live or IR$ and at least 2 different widths depending on what you are doing<> there are a lot of ratios available but most seem to prefer the 327 and 355 units based on OD or no OD tranny etc.. I prefer the 4 link for my set-up but the 3 is just about as common although it does take up trunk space and some of them have wadded up the banana bracket. The 3 link also has a panhard bar which makes a custom rear exhaust a little harder to do. I started mine as a retirement project and I hadn't done much since the 70's so it is a learning curve but it is fun and the people on both forums are very helpful.
    Dale
    7L Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    you want an 8.8 rear out of a GT mustang or an LX 5.0 mustang. these are all posi rearends.

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Fast Eddie, where are you located?
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD