Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: The build is picking up some speed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtGirl View Post
    Is there any difference between the LS7 and LS3 clutch?
    The torque rating may be different I'm not sure. Physically they are the same. I was now told by Ian a few weeks back it won't fit the Mendeola on the GTM. It has to be the LS1 flat flywheel one. That now leaves me with a LS7/LS3 clutch and flywheel for sale if any of you corvettes owner out there need one.
    Last edited by Kempo; 08-25-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo View Post
    The torque rating may be different I'm not sure. Physically they are the same. I was now told by Ian a few weeks back it won't fit the Mendeola on the GTM. It has to be the LS1 flat flywheel one. That now leaves me with a LS7/LS3 clutch and flywheel for sale if any of you corvettes owner out there need one.
    Watching with interest, as I'm sorting this out too. Not sure why the flywheel needs to be the flat one. I thought the type of clutch determined that, not the transmission. I'm missing a piece to this puzzle somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtGirl View Post
    Watching with interest, as I'm sorting this out too. Not sure why the flywheel needs to be the flat one. I thought the type of clutch determined that, not the transmission. I'm missing a piece to this puzzle somewhere.
    It seems like the bell housing on the Mendeola has a very limited space. This limited space is why the flat flywheel is required or the clutch cover would hit the bell housing. The same thing happens with the starter. The stock GM starter has a snout that covers the gear that cover won't clear the bell housing. This is why we need the IMI-140. At least this is what I understood from Ian's explanation.
    Last edited by Kempo; 08-25-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)