Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: insurance guy 818

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    I'd suggest picking up some copper nickel brake line, it is a lot easier to work with, can be cut to length, won't rust and allows you to go with metric brake fittings instead of using those SAE to metric adapters. This will however require a brake flaring tool and metric brake fittings.
    Just an aside. If you will be putting it on the road, you might check your state requirements on brake lines. Here in CT, they specify steel. I had started down the copper nickel route until advised otherwise. If you already checked your state out well, never mind and keep having fun with the build!
    " That which is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

SN 46 In the building 10/4/13.
    Go Cart 10/20/16
    Coupe Conversion
    EJ205 Wagon donor

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using the ffr lines
    I believe they meet nj regs
    I have been through the nj licensing on an electric conversion, it's the same process.
    You need to make sure everything is secure and nothing hanging.
    They are nuts for leaks and lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcintyre View Post
    Just an aside. If you will be putting it on the road, you might check your state requirements on brake lines. Here in CT, they specify steel. I had started down the copper nickel route until advised otherwise. If you already checked your state out well, never mind and keep having fun with the build!
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't seen any laws in VA on steel brake lines so I'm thinking I'll be OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    throttle cable attached to pedal through front firewall. will hold off securing it until I have the firewall and wiring done. My harness is at I-wire, still about six weeks out.1.jpg2.jpg

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good. You may want to check your clearance on the brake master cyl. top line. That area is crucial in the fitting of the windshield fiberglass cowl. In my experience this has to be just right for it to work. You may be OK but it is worth a check IMO. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Looking good. You may want to check your clearance on the brake master cyl. top line. That area is crucial in the fitting of the windshield fiberglass cowl. In my experience this has to be just right for it to work. You may be OK but it is worth a check IMO. Keep up the good work!
    thanks
    I will see what that clearance is.
    I did not extend anything higher than the master cylinder cap.

Post Thanks / Like
    finished the clutch lines
    Does anyone know where to route the overflow from the radiator cap? There is another line on the other end of the radiator that I ran to the expansion tank on top of the engine. This looks like I can cap it off.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by insurance guy View Post
    finished the clutch lines
    Does anyone know where to route the overflow from the radiator cap? There is another line on the other end of the radiator that I ran to the expansion tank on top of the engine. This looks like I can cap it off.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    It originally went to the overflow tank. The tank on top of the engine is the degas tank. Make sure you did the VCP coolant mod. see threads.