Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of Painting a Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Edwardb,
    The main thing I'm seeing with the later bodies is panel alignment (that's what I meant when I said "tighter" in the earlier comment). The earliest couple that I did were spot on but as time goes on they are becoming less so and panels are not meeting as well. Miller has certainly seen LOTS more than I have so maybe he'll comment whether he has observed the same trend---could be that it's just been my luck of the draw but it has followed manufacturing dates.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    JK, I know what you're sayin cause from time to time we get one that seams like it came from different mold....but it didn't, just the way things are. David's car is one of the MK4 specials so it's ,what? 5 years old?....and I have one that's 4 months old....they look like they could have been made the same week.....oh! I swore you to secrecy (not me)! All bets were of when you went all "Captain O Ring" and left me block sanding in the corner............ Go ahead, say it, you know you want to......No toon can resist the o'l "Shave and a haircut"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12