In 2013 my best buddy Aaron ("aaron44" here) and I built a leftover Mk3 for him. The build thread (which is sorely in need of an update) is here:

Another build thread for FFR 5717

We talked about taking it apart for paint in 2014 but he couldn't stand the thought of parking it that long so he racked up lots of miles in gelcoat. In January he brought in in while I was in the process of doing two others. I gave him some coaching, turned over the grunt work to him and jumped in when he needed direction or a more experienced hand. We rolled the cockpit, cut off the integral scoop and filled the hole to accept a bolt on one, cut more holes in the hood and finished them out for a set of Shane's louvers and filled what Aaron would probably estimate to be thousands of pinholes!

I put color on Wednesday evening (first generation Viper Blue and GM Arctic White) and gave it clear yesterday morning. I rolled it outside for the first time this afternoon.

Straight from the gun, no cut & buff yet.

Seems like another nice blue & white roadster at first but as you walk around it the surprise appears---pearl blue ghost flames within the stripes:

It's like a hologram so depending on where the light is coming from and your view angle they appear or disappear. It's real hard to catch with a camera.

Aaron hasn't seen it in person yet...sure hope he likes it!

Cheers,
Jeff