Hello everyone,

I have been looking at different options for a 'fun' car for a few years now. I looked at 60's Corvettes, new Corvettes, M3's, old Pickups and several other random possibilities, but in the end I really wanted 3 things. 1. I wanted a Project that I could sink my teeth into, 2. I wanted something basically NEW and 3. I wanted a convertible. The Cobra Kit Car seems to fit that perfectly, and it's a sweeeet ride, so over the past few months I have been looking at the different options on the market and working on my wife along the way. I know it will cost a lot of our money and my time so it has been a pretty hard sell.

I had planned on doing a bunch of research on exactly what I wanted and then present the case to her in a few months. That all went out the window when I guess I caught her at a weak moment and mentioned 'what a great opportunity' it was to get one of the 20 Special Edition MK4's. She said 'OK' and I fell over (but I had it ordered online before I hit the ground). She loves the car too and just asked for a passenger side roll bar.

Now I'm working with the Technical Support guy to finalize my order (with so many questions) and I guess he is limited to one email a day and a 21 word response... I translate that to him being a very busy boy and I figure it's best to introduce myself here and ask my many questions.

I'm leaning toward the 427w Small Block with the TKO600 tranny. (I think that means I need the 31 Spline 8.375" Driveshaft??)

I'm 6'4" 210lbs so I ordered the 'Big and Tall' Leather Seats. (not sure if I need to make any other key decisions at the time of the order to help with my fit in the car)

I'll be reading other posts in the coming weeks to answer my many questions about the build and then posting new questions as I have them, but today I just wanted to say 'Hi' and ask for any pointers at the time of the Order to make sure I don't make a rookie mistake before the Stewart truck even shows up.

Thanks,
Richard
Parker TX