Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: EdwardBs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks lovely as always Paul! Hey I don't mind the wax---every one I paint gets sent home with a bottle of polish for the owner---it just doesn't have a place on my old heap Speaking of wax, have you ever tried any of the Adams products? Tony Z is a big fan and introduced me to their stuff and their guys at SEMA...the products are amazing and I'm now a believer!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Looks lovely as always Paul! Hey I don't mind the wax---every one I paint gets sent home with a bottle of polish for the owner---it just doesn't have a place on my old heap Speaking of wax, have you ever tried any of the Adams products? Tony Z is a big fan and introduced me to their stuff and their guys at SEMA...the products are amazing and I'm now a believer!

Jeff
    Just pulling your chain Jeff. I've used Zaino products over the years, and have always been happy with them. As it turns out though, a lot of discussion lately about ceramic finishes. I wasn't ready to pony up the bucks for a pro job. But Adams released a DIY ceramic application that I ordered and applied a couple weeks before the show and pictures above. So you're seeing an Adams finish here. Plus was using their detail spray and cloths throughout the show. Cars get dusty in just a few hours in those big halls. Can't say that I think the Adams ceramic looks that different than a freshly applied Zaino finish, but it was pretty easy to put on and we'll see how it lasts. I've tried several Adams products now and I agree it's good stuff. Pricey, but then most of the boutique car detailing products including Zaino are too.
    Last edited by edwardb; 06-17-2019 at 06:09 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.