BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: battery negative lead

Post Thanks / Like

battery negative lead

Does anyone have pictures of where they connected their negative battery lead from the battery to the chassis?

I am just wondering where is the best place to locate it, since the manual doesn't go over that.

Rob

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just bolt it to the frame anywhere near the battery. The battery tray was larger than my battery, which would provide enough room to drill and extra hole and attach the ground strap, or you could drill a hole all the way through one of the square tube frames, sand off the powder coating and bolt directly there. I would advise against using a rivetnut because the strap will only contact the rivetnut and not the frame itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure to use some dielectric grease when making the connection, I always use it when making connections using different materials in the connectors.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    This is just my preference. I run the battery gnd to the engine block. Then add a chassis to engine ground strap.

Hooking it up with the battery ground through the chassis to the engine. I have seen it happen a few times where someone would forget to hook up the engine ground strap or the ground strap would have a bad connection. When trying to start the engine in this condition you put 100s of amps through sensor ground leads. Causing you harness to smoke.
    Bob

PS: I believe Subaru runs battery ground to a transmission/engine bolt near the starter.
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 09-13-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread