Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: 20th Anniversary MK4 Build Thread - #10 of 20 - #8697

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the Prismatic Powders white? As you know, the anniversary roadster comes with several panels coated with Prismatic Powders white. My local powder coater is doing a great job applying the Extreme Powder Coating's Glimmer but is not fond of the powders from Prismatic. He has found them to be difficult to order from and they are very slow to deliver. Also, he finds the product terrible to work with and often has to apply several coats, with light sanding in between.
    Strange, isn't it? I needed three pounds to do a few custom panels that I made, to replace the ones supplied already coated from FF. I ordered directly from Prismatic Powders on a Thursday, and had the powder on Friday. Less than 24 hours after I ordered. They had a promotion going for next day delivery, so that was part of it. But their website claims they ship same business day when ordered before a certain time. The parts came out very nice. No problems were noted, to me anyway. My powder coater said he liked the coating and color very much. Said he was going to consider making it one of his standard offerings. I don't know anything about powder coating (other than the general concept) so I can't begin to explain why two companies would have such different experiences.
    Last edited by edwardb; 03-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is strange. I wonder whether it may be a relationship issue between my powder coater and Prismatic. I am waiting for a call from my powder coater to pick the white pieces. I can only hope their as nice as the glimmer color. I'll keep you posted.