Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  504

Thread: Kit 075 Restart

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, finally got the console solidly installed. Suggestion for anyone using the excellent piece from Dan Ruth. Make yourself a cardboard or wooden mock up and play with it through door and seat adjustments to ensure you have everything exactly where you want it before cutting on the piece. Dan put these together with a great deal of thought and if it isn't fitting you probably ought to look at the things you've done first rather than at the console itself. If that isn't a strong enough hint, I will admit I butchered the beautiful console and have spent no small amount of time correcting the heinous decisions I made on cutting and fitment. I am not unhappy with the results. The console is solidly mounted. I have a tail piece or extension that I am still fabricating but the last mockup from thin gauge aluminum is in place and I will use it as a pattern to cut the final piece. I can get the console out of the car by unbolting four separate brackets and have trimmed it to access the under dash components as necessary. John Bradley of Custom Radio in Knoxville TN is going to out the sound system in.

Console-42.jpgConsole-43.jpgConsole-59.jpgConsole-62.jpgConsole-63.jpgConsole-76.jpgConsole-77.jpgConsole-78.jpgConsole-78.jpgConsole-79.jpg
    Last edited by wrp; 09-17-2016 at 06:11 AM.