Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Redfogo's 818C build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lance corsi View Post
    Red, in the photo of your car, the wheels look awfully far out. Are you certain there is no rubbing on compression? I was afraid to put mine so close to the fender lip for fear of rubbing.
    Im trying to be Hella Flush going to run crazy camber so my wheels are like this!!!

1_zpsiitne520(1).JPG

JUST KIDDING

I still need to do my alignment, my wheels are just where they are because they landed there after assembly. I need to get all the panels finalized before I get the alignment finished
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by redfogo; 04-03-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    JUST KIDDING
    R u? On that pic what's interesting is not the crazy camber, it's the rims! The rims are so wide they don't fit on the tires. Plz tell me there is a second lip inside the rim for the tires to attach to. What a bad choice though.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    R u? On that pic what's interesting is not the crazy camber, it's the rims! The rims are so wide they don't fit on the tires. Plz tell me there is a second lip inside the rim for the tires to attach to. What a bad choice though.
    I wish I knew the answer, my guess is it runs on hopes and dreams!

Post Thanks / Like
    Small update working on headlight ATM trying to get them mounted so they are removable. Having a little trouble getting some bolts in that can actually fit and be fastened! Mechie3 suggested heating up the edges and flatting them hopping to give that a shot ASAP!

Currently running behind as I am in the middle of doing a turbo motor swap into my 1985 mr2! It was my 1st car and I got it when I was 15 almost 10 year ago this January! It also the car that started it all for me! Sooooo that's been a fun adventure I hope to have it done in a few weeks so I can get back to the 818! I just need to place new motor in and get the fuel pump swapped! Having restored the car a year before I got the 818 the last thing on the list was to update the motor that was planned for after the 818 but the car didn't want to hold out, axles started to fail and odd pulley noises where happening it was just time to get thing underway before I had to tow it from my storage unit lol.

Here is some of the fun history of the car it had to go through a large restoration process way more effort then the car was worth but it was my 1st car I couldn't let it go!!->http://www.mr2oc.com/18-show-shine/5...urrection.html

And here is a pic of it over the past summer:

12139919_10153679187437937_4913254227991702969_o_zpsjjzvf6z3(1).JPG

While I know its not 818 specific figured I would post anyways because its my blog and explains why I am behind hope its enough justification! Some point I will catch back up to you Frank!
    Last edited by redfogo; 04-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.