Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sunshine State 818C Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else feel when reading the manual and trying to build an 818c is like buying a GMC and getting a Chevy owners guide in the glove box.... I hope I'm not the only one. Between part numbers not matching and them completely skipping certain things i keep losing hours getting off track..... Got 75% of the panels into the car and starting to drill holes for the rivets before i send them off ot get powder coated. Also built the center console today, that was loads of fun. Good thing I bought plenty of clamps.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a minimum post count, I don't recall what it is, sorry. My issue once I was able to attach pictures is that they were too big. No mention of max file size on the uploader, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2B818 View Post
    Anyone else feel when reading the manual and trying to build an 818c is like buying a GMC and getting a Chevy owners guide in the glove box.... I hope I'm not the only one. Between part numbers not matching and them completely skipping certain things i keep losing hours getting off track.....
    You'll have to assume the role of engineer, which, many times involves correcting what the other engineers missed.
    818C | Kit delivery: 3/19/16 | Status: Powertrain installed
    Daily: 2014 CTS-V - Fat and slow

Post Thanks / Like
    Well work happened and the 818 has been slow as molasses as i have had to travel often. I finally got back to it this week and am ready to drop in the engine, only problem is when i went to sure up the exhaust and attach it to the engine my oil filter and cooler are hitting the killer B exhaust. I'm assuming others have had this issue and was looking for help on the best fix for it. Any ideas?