Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: S harness mounts

Post Thanks / Like

S harness mounts

I have been scourering the build threads trying to figure out how people have been mounting a 6 point harness. I saw a few build threads that partially documented (Chad's and Andrew's/Tamra's) but really can't decide on the lap mount and shoulder mount locations. Would you guys mind sharing what you did?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The shoulders I'm planning on wrapping around the upper cross bar behind the seats. The lap/sub belts I've had tabs welded in as below.

Nice looking welds

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. The square cross bar is too high for the seat I borrowed for conceptual. I also don't like using square stock due to sharp contact points. A friend who does a good bit of custom racing work was thinking the harness bar should go into the engine bay to get enough length for the adjusters.

The lap points were what I was thinking. I bought a schroth clubman, and I'm not sure if your harness recommends different installation, but your sub belt eyes look farther back than i was expecting. (I'm new to all this, and could be completely wrong, but would rather point it out if it is potentially unsafe.) Thanks for your photos, good to see someone else's!