My son was home over the holiday(s) and helped me tune my Gen1 basketcase kit. We could not resist puttering back and forth on the road in front of the house. First impressions: It rides nicer than I thought it would with the 450 and 750# springs. The engine (LS3 based) is very docile with the reported Lingenfelter GT7 cam. Needs a smaller master cylinder on the clutch (3/4" now) as effort is high and travel is short. Cable shifter seemed sloppy but it may have some loose linkages. Fore and aft into gear was heavy but that may be due to newly rebuilt transaxle. Fan belt was running off one groove on alternator, may need shimmed out. Seemed very stable at low (40-50 mph) speed over bumps and rough spots in road. Hard for an old man with a gut to get in and out of.

I did not do initial assembly thus I am not intimately familiar with the manual. The engine fan did not come on with temp so we jumpered it. Do most of you run the PWM Corvette fan controller or just a relay thus full fan speed anytime it is needed? My kit did not have the module with it. The fan is a little noisy at full speed. Okay for a track car but would be annoying at a stop light.

I am looking forward to a windshield, gauges, doors, harness, etc for a spirited drive.

Ken