Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Manual Update rev 1P

Post Thanks / Like

Manual Update rev 1P

Many don't get this, I'm sharing.

The 818 manual has recently been updated. Attached is a PDF containing the updates that were made. They include:

- Removing and Preparing the Donor Parts
    - Kit Parts Prep
    - Chassis Build-Up
    - Under Car Aluminum
    - Rear CV Axle Assembly
    - Shifter Linkage
    - Upper Seat Belt Mount
    - Side Cooling Tubes
    - Seat Mounting
    - Body Mounting

- Door Latches/Strikers
    - Headlights

- Front Turn Signals and Parking Lights
    - Headlight Bucket
    - Headlight Lenses
    - Windshield/Hardtop

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay....alRev1P-Update

Check out pages 17 to 19. I don't have those brackets, do they come with the new nose upgrade?
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of that stuff looks to be specific to the new nose. That's why it doesn't look familiar to you.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    We updated our contact list this morning, but if anyone didn't receive the update, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll make sure you are on the manual update contact list.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay they finally fixed the seat belt mount so its lower and will actually be the correct level with a racing seat/harness bar. Sad though I didn't get this update on my C, had to weld in my own ohhhh well.

I'm missing some of the parts in this manual as well on my C kit, so we might just have to call up FFR and ask Frank.
    Last edited by redfogo; 02-12-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    Yay they finally fixed the seat belt mount so its lower and will actually be the correct level with a racing seat/harness bar. Sad though I didn't get this update on my C, had to weld in my own ohhhh well.

I'm missing some of the parts in this manual as well on my C kit, so we might just have to call up FFR and ask Frank.
    Red, are you referring to the image on page 11? I dont seem to have that bracket either, but that I ordered the options of the harness bar. is the possible the reason for the difference in mounts on the frame was if you ordered with a harness bar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SnyderJD View Post
    Red, are you referring to the image on page 11? I dont seem to have that bracket either, but that I ordered the options of the harness bar. is the possible the reason for the difference in mounts on the frame was if you ordered with a harness bar?
    Yep page 11, looks like they made a revision to how the belts install as a whole. My guess..... now that I think about it the location you and I have will put the bar over the window I think.... I will have to check when I get home I never thought about that tell now. The old spot was to high for most racing seats anyways. I ordered the harness bar as well ended up having to fix the mounting spot so it was lower. I will be updating my build section this weekend.

We just have to old tabs that everyone else has its not because we ordered a harness bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    That doesn't look any lower to me... It does look like you could modify the location easier because it's a full corner vs only a tab tho
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to ask a stupid question but the manual that came with my 818C is labeled revision 1M, this update is 1P. What happened to 1N and 1O? Is there a website to download them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hate to ask a stupid question but the manual that came with my 818C is labeled revision 1M, this update is 1P. What happened to 1N and 1O? Is there a website to download them?
    Hi Joseph.
    Version 1M is pretty old. I suspect that was the last hard copy printing they did.
    Version 1N and 1O are available in electronic (pdf) version.
    Contact you FFR customer service person to get the latest electronic version.

I suspect the 1P full version is already released or will be released soon.
    I'm surprised you at least didn't get a 1O PDF version with your coupe, as it was out before coupes were shipping.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help Bob, I will call FFR Monday and find out how to get the latest version as I have noticed that the pictures in the manual do not match what the parts look like in some cases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this Frank!

Our kit came with 1O. I'd like to get the full 1P version in PDF when it is available.

- Lou
    Building an 818C
    Ordered: 8/31/15, Production Date: 1/23/16, Delivery Date: 2/05/2016
    First Start: 4/14/2017
    818C Build Thread
    Donor Teardown Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The full pdf is more useful in my opinion as the updates are otherwise out of order with the rest of the build. It would be nice if the updates were arranged with a printed schedule to replace previous version pages X-Y with new version pages A-B. That way we can easily update our paper manuals without printing a million pages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Check out pages 17 to 19. I don't have those brackets, do they come with the new nose upgrade?
    [/FONT]
    I wonder if this bracket could work for the original nose to make it stiffer.
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkw8181 View Post
    I wonder if this bracket could work for the original nose to make it stiffer.
    nkw- I did bracket the nose with a L bracket and 3/16 rivets to the lower part of the radiator support piece (the triangular prism looking thing). I felt it was moving around too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be doing something similar to what they did.
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)