FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel pump and level sender how did anyone install them?

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel pump and level sender how did anyone install them?

Hit a frustrating snag today. I'm trying to get the fuel pump and the level sender installed. I found that both will not install correct.

The level sender only bolts in one way. The one way it fits the level hits the fuel pump.

The fuel pump fits however the top sits angled and raised above the tank the only way I see things working is if a bend the pump mount this seems like a bad idea. Attached are some pictures.

As can be seen the pump half sits up with a gap. Everything is faceing the FFR way.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

As can be seen below the level sits right where the pump would go.
    image.jpg

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bent mine. Takes some tweaking but works. It won't work without bending due to different tank height vs stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine had to be bent a bit too to get installed. I did the pump first, though I dont know if it matters. Try both ways, you'll get it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright I guess I will bend it! What about the fuel level sender? How did you guys get that to not hit the fuel pump? Bend it the other direction?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a custom 12" tall tank. I had to lengthen my fuel pump assembly. You could just shorten yours.

P1050087s4.jpg
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 02-21-2016 at 12:11 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    You bend it to not hit the pump. You are bending for two things: One is to avoid hitting pump or other sender and the other is to get it reading right at empty and full. To do that requires bending to adjust vertical float position AND length of arm as Bob mentioned. The arm length affects the fuel level reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem solved rotated the level sender about 90deg and bent the fuel pump assembly to its sitting a little more up.
    Bent the pump up more so the filter clears better. I just hope this does not cause to much of an issues if fuel runs low but I also don't see me having that low of fuel.

image1.jpeg
    image3.jpeg

Fuel level Sender will not faces the back side of the car vs the front. I just twisted the whole mounting pipe. And then bent the level sender as needed.
    image4.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    Last edited by redfogo; 05-29-2016 at 11:00 AM.