Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Doug's Mk4 Build Thread - Annapolis, MD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations ... and here are a couple of ways to increase your costs ... BTW you will get a lot of those cruising these forums.

You did not mention whether you were using a cable or hydraulic activated clutch. I have the Wilwood pedal box and found it much easier to put in the hydraulic clutch (i got the Forte version) and after go karting really like it.

I started out with manual steering but was later (and properly) convinced to with to power steering (Thanks Craig S). Like others have said do it now vice later ... it is much easier to do with the radiator off the car and gaining full access to the location. In my case I chose Breeze's rack (which is actually a Unistar) and the line and fittings to connect to the pump. After go karting I am sure glad i did.

Last but not least is the FAST EFI System .. I initially order the 1.0 version but before installation upgraded to the 2.0 version. I have had a few issues with noise interference from the MSD ignition system on the communications between the handheld and ECU which I think are resolved but did require a change in the routing of the EFI wiring harness. Bottom line is keep everything EFI away from everything Ignition System (in my case the igniton systems runs on the PS and the EFI on the DS.

Again congratulations.

Carl
    Last edited by carlewms; 04-05-2016 at 04:29 AM.
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart