Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Neutral Safety Switch

Post Thanks / Like

Neutral Safety Switch

Which one of these is the neutral safety switch? And what's the second switch for? I'm inlined to use the neutral safety switch, but wondering if I need to mount both switches to the Wilwood Pedal Box.

818-S 2.5L Turbo Chassis Number: 404
    Kit Order Date: February 19, 2016 Kit Completion Date: March 19, 2016 Kit Ship Date: March 26, 2016 Build Start Date: April 22, 2016
    Build Thread: Click Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, the blue terminal is B107 - Cruise Control Switch. This disables the cruise control when the clutch pedal is pressed.
    The other terminal is the B106 Clutch Switch that prevents the starter from engaging unless the clutch is depressed. The B106 male terminal is white with 2 wires: green/yellow and black. I've kept this switch in my 818 because it with no top someone could easily reach in and turn the key possibly causing your car to run over a beer cooler . . . or worse.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    The neutral safety switch is the rear most switch on the left side of the transmission.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Mike, the blue terminal is B107 - Cruise Control Switch. This disables the cruise control when the clutch pedal is pressed.
    The other terminal is the B106 Clutch Switch that prevents the starter from engaging unless the clutch is depressed. The B106 male terminal is white with 2 wires: green/yellow and black. I've kept this switch in my 818 because it with no top someone could easily reach in and turn the key possibly causing your car to run over a beer cooler . . . or worse.
    Top one on the pedal box is the safety switch.

Quote Originally Posted by gruenwald_m16 View Post
    The neutral safety switch is the rear most switch on the left side of the transmission.
    Incorrect, the one on the trans tells the ECU that the trans is neutral for closed loop idle control
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Top one on the pedal box is the safety switch.
    Incorrect, the one on the trans tells the ECU that the trans is neutral for closed loop idle control
    Tough crowd,
    m16 makes his second post and is already corrected for getting confused between neutral position switch and a neutral safety switch.
    The 818 does not have a Neutral Safety switch.
    The switch that prevents starting is call a "clutch switch" by Subaru.
    The other switch on the clutch pedal is called a "Cruise clutch switch" by Subaru.
    I'm laughing while writing this.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 05-20-2016 at 08:55 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously harsh...

Post Thanks / Like
    So to keep the starter from turning when the clutch pedal is not pressed, do I leave the switch with the black plus, or the blue plug?

Choose 1: Black or blue
    818-S 2.5L Turbo Chassis Number: 404
    Kit Order Date: February 19, 2016 Kit Completion Date: March 19, 2016 Kit Ship Date: March 26, 2016 Build Start Date: April 22, 2016
    Build Thread: Click Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidworks-Mike View Post
    So to keep the starter from turning when the clutch pedal is not pressed, do I leave the switch with the black plus, or the blue plug?

Choose 1: Black or blue

Mike, The black one prevents starter from running unless clutch is depressed.
    The blue one disengages cruise control when clutch is depressed.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I called it the "other one" (not blue), Wayne called it the "top one" and now Bob confirms it is the black one - all of these are the same.
    We have all been correct but the names were different.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).