Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alignment shims- anybody intersted in getting them made from 304 stainless steel?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alignment shims- anybody interested in getting them made from 304 stainless steel?

Our fellow forum member and vendor known as crash has a very nice set of alignment shims that he sells on his website myraceshop.com The current set is priced very fairly. I asked if he would make a set from 304 stainless.

Maybe its the fact that I restored my first car a 1979 jeep CJ5 that was plagued with rust that I am so rust averse. The way I see it the current shims will eventually rust slightly as any coating is scraped off by tightening the bolts. Even tho its only cosmetic I would love to have a set made of 304 stainless.

If your GTM will see any track duty or you spend the money to get a good race quality alignment, the shims will prevent the alignment settings from creeping under load over time.

Crash asked that I gauge any interest on the board here as I don't want to see him lay out money for inventory that nobody else wants. Please sound off if you want a set made from stainless. At that point I am sure Crash will set a fair price if there are enough takers.

Thanks for considering .

John
    Last edited by kabacj; 08-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013