Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: Wareaglescott's Coyote build thread - INDEX ADDED TO POST #1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Scott,

I've spent a lot of the past 4 days reading this thread during breaks before work, lunchtime, after work, in meetings... (don't tell my boss!). This is an awesome build in terms of detail, quality, and component selection.

I have been on the forum for over a year with the full intention of building a FFR 818. I even have the donor sitting in my driveway for the past year. My original plan was to build the 818 first and then after having that experience build the Cobra. The Cobra has been a dream of mine for over 40 years. I even saw an original 289 Cobra sell for $43k CDN at an auction in 1982, but I was too poor to even consider it. After reading all the difficulties the 818 builders are having with bodywork and windows in the coupe, I'm thinking that the Cobra might be easier and more satisfying -- although more costly. To investigate the build issues on the Cobra, I started to look at some build threads. This is where I found your thread.

Thanks to the details you shared, I have a much clearer view and will discuss my change in path with my CFO (aka wife). This may take a year or two to get the money approved, since we just bought a Porsche Macan (love it!!) which emptied the bank savings a bit.

I understand your love for Cobras and Porsches and firmly believe there's a place for both in one's garage.

FYI, I also got ceramic paint coating on my Porsche. I used Modesta, which is superb and very easy to clean for a daily driver.

Thanks for sharing your journey!

Russ
    Last edited by CdnCarNut; 03-29-2018 at 01:55 PM.