Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lower Priced Options for Front Splitter and Side Skirts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what to say here........Dave is a great guy. I feel stupid for not doing a bit more homework on this before I opened up this can of worms.......I honestly thought FFR discontinued the Gen I splitter and should have "looked before I leaped". Once again, my goal here was not to steal business from FFR....it was to fill a void in the market here. My aluminum parts are going to look nice, but they are never going to have 3-D "depth" and true CF look of the FFR parts.....and my feeling was that the guys who wanted that look and had the $$ were still going to buy the CF parts regardless of what I offered.......and I hope that remains true.

My apologies to Dave for "lost sleep and mental grief". :-) You're a good man.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Don't know what to say here........Dave is a great guy. I feel stupid for not doing a bit more homework on this before I opened up this can of worms.......I honestly thought FFR discontinued the Gen I splitter and should have "looked before I leaped". Once again, my goal here was not to steal business from FFR....it was to fill a void in the market here. My aluminum parts are going to look nice, but they are never going to have 3-D "depth" and true CF look of the FFR parts.....and my feeling was that the guys who wanted that look and had the $$ were still going to buy the CF parts regardless of what I offered.......and I hope that remains true.

I second those thoughts. That's why I had offered up my CF splitter for reproduction. I got it at a discount from FFR because it was being "discontinued".......I didn't think FFR was making them anymore.....in CF or Fiberglass. So with this decision, there is choice in the marketplace.....all good.
    Ciao,

Joel

Working ever so slowly on GTM #269, Twin Turbo SBC, Ricardo, Kit arrived April 5, 2009

http://photobucket.com/JCHRacer_GTM_Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post

I ordered the set (splitter and rocker extensions) a month or so ago. When I did, I was told that they had the rocker extensions in stock, but that they would have to make the splitter. So I guess they make the Gen I splitters on an as needed basis, but they do still offer them for sale.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    While walking around at the Open House, I spied a Splitter and set of Rocker extensions. I took a closer look and saw that the Splitter was being sold for $99.00, and the rockers were $49.00 for the pair. A savings of 650.00 on the set. They sat there for a while. Since I've already bought a set (at full price), I didn't really jump at the deal thinking that someone was going to get a great deal on them.

When I came back by an hour or more later, they were still there, and I couldn't believe that no one had scooped them up. So what else could I do?

I picked up the set for $148.00, and had them shipped to my home in NC. So I'll now have an extra set, for when mine get broken.
    Last edited by The Stig; 06-16-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    So what else could I do?

I picked up the set for $148.00, and had them shipped to my home in NC. So I'll now have an extra set, for when mine get broken.
    Lucky b@stard!
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Lucky b@stard!
    LOL!!! Tell me about it. I was just in the right place at the right time, for once. Dave Smith and crew, really go out of their way to make it worth your while to attend the Open House. There were parts for all of the FFR models for sale dirt cheap. When I saw the Splitter set at that price, I looked around for an extra oil cooler set up for the GTM, but didn't see one. It was probably there somewhere though... They had A LOT of Parts for sale.

Sorry Shane. I don't mean to take any focus away from your Splitters.
    Last edited by The Stig; 06-16-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081