Please forgive me as I am no wiring expert. My cobra was running fine, replaced Smith mechanical water temperature gauge as it failed from the factory, removed it, installed new factory water temp mechanical Smith gauge under warranty. I went on a beautiful test-drive, looked down at my speedo and all of the sudden my smith tachometer reads zero. I've had no problems whatsoever with this tachometer, it does have the light on when you turn on the headlights and vice a versa the tach light turns off when you turn off the headlights. All other gauges work fine as they should, but car was dead and needed a jump after sitting. I'm stuck, frustrated, I did see that the battery has 12.14 V, and after running it goes up to 13.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 602-326-3936 my first name is Dax thank you

I understand there is a wiring harness that plugs into the back of the gauge and then it runs through the dash to the distributor/coil but my question is 6 wires that go to the distributor/coil