Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine Rebuild Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Just curious, is a JDM ECU required to run an EJ207 and if so, will it be OBD2 compliant? What's an LB ECU and what mods would have to be done to the harness?
    You can run an ej207 with not to much work just depends on the year. For example the 2002/2003 ej207 v7 will work on a 2002/2003 USDM wiring harness and you just need to add a few wires to take advantage of the AVCS. Technically you could run the same year wrx ECU and the engine would work and run just fine you just would be missing the AVCS function. ODB2 works regardless with no problem.

There are a lot of wiring guides on what need to be done to swap in a ej207 into specific years. It's best to match the engine to the same year USDM body harness. If you want to run an ej207 v7 and want to diet your harness. Here is my thread as I am running a v7 EJ207 and JDM ECU on a 2003 wrx harness. I also dieted a lot of things but you would not need to do that.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...wiring-harness

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    You can run an ej207 with not to much work just depends on the year. For example the 2002/2003 ej207 v7 will work on a 2002/2003 USDM wiring harness and you just need to add a few wires to take advantage of the AVCS. Technically you could run the same year wrx ECU and the engine would work and run just fine you just would be missing the AVCS function. ODB2 works regardless with no problem.

There are a lot of wiring guides on what need to be done to swap in a ej207 into specific years. It's best to match the engine to the same year USDM body harness. If you want to run an ej207 v7 and want to diet your harness. Here is my thread as I am running a v7 EJ207 and JDM ECU on a 2003 wrx harness. I also dieted a lot of things but you would not need to do that.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...wiring-harness
    Thanks, good to know if I ever go that route. One last thing - is your JDM ECU OBD2 compliant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Thanks, good to know if I ever go that route. One last thing - is your JDM ECU OBD2 compliant?
    It depends on the state to my understanding. Yes if they connect there ODB2 scanner should work no problem so long as you have no codes. This thread has a bit more details on it. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2001373