FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine Bay Cooling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the AWIC works in almost any situation if designed and installed properly. Nice to see you got great results! Where's your HE located?
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like

heat exchanger location

Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Yeah the AWIC works in almost any situation if designed and installed properly. Nice to see you got great results! Where's your HE located?
    The Heat exchanger is in the front normal location no splitter or ducting at all just the 1 inch exchanger open on top, sides and bottom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC7492 View Post
    The Heat exchanger is in the front normal location no splitter or ducting at all just the 1 inch exchanger open on top, sides and bottom.
    My plan is to do all the sheet metal work after fitting the body this includes isolating the air going in the exchanger, the exiting air will not be able to get back in the inlet.
    I think any design including the air to air intercoolers or oil coolers or radiators need to isolate the incoming air so it cannot be mixed with engine compartment air.
    I wonder if Bobs rear radiator design even though it had 10 mph air flow if it was recirculating the hot air from behind the car and eventually continued to increase temp? Ducted cold air inlets may have helped...