Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Manual Transaxle Electrics

Post Thanks / Like

Manual Transaxle Electrics

I'm going to be using an 05-06 Legacy GT 5mt for my car. What electronics are involved?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no "electronics" per say like you have in the automatic transmissions. The only connections are the neutral safety switch, reverse switch and the speedo sensor. Those are simple switches and a hall effect sensor.

You would need to perform some complex trickery to get an OEM ECU that expects to see input from an auto trans to function with a 5mt. Aftermarket ECU's are no problem.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    There are no "electronics" per say like you have in the automatic transmissions. The only connections are the neutral safety switch, reverse switch and the speedo sensor. Those are simple switches and a hall effect sensor.

You would need to perform some complex trickery to get an OEM ECU that expects to see input from an auto trans to function with a 5mt. Aftermarket ECU's are no problem.
    Thanks Hobby. You have no idea how great it feels to hear there won't be any complicated electronics. I have had enough for a lifetime. I am hoping to be able to use a Motec M800 for my engines. Any idea how to remove the flywheel/flex plate bolts? I broke three bits already.

Post Thanks / Like
    What engine? I have removed the flywheel on my EJ257 and the EZ36R subaru motors without any issues.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A