Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch Fork Adjustment Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0830 small.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    You seem to be creating problems that don't exist. The clutch arm should be perpendicular to the transmission input shaft with the bearing against the clutch fingers. The arm at the bell housing opening doesn't move as much as the end does. Get rid of the aftermarket throwout bearing, use a genuine Ford bearing.
    The problem is, with the standard bearing, (it came with the clutch package, don't know if it's OEM or not) the clutch fork arm is in the middle of the bell housing window and pointing forward some. The OEM Ford fork I have is curved and cants forward. if it was straight, then it would be more towards the rear of the bell housing window and wouldn't be an issue. As it is, if the tip of the fork arm moves, say, 1 1/8 inch, the arm will be nearly touching if not hitting the forward window edge. All the other pictures I see on the forums, the fork arm is towards the rear of the window. I'm trying to figure out why mine is not.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Call Forte.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes