A week ago+ (Friday 10/7/2016) my family and I were sitting in the living room watching TV when we heard a very loud boom. We ran out front to find a 2015 Toyota Celica had struck my 2000 Ford Excursion, pushing it up on to the curb and into my son's 1966 Mustang GT coupe. The force of the impact was taken primarily by the rear wheel and the front wheel of the Celica, which was thrown into the air - setting off all the airbags - and was flung across the street coming to rest just one foot from another car.

The Excursion rear driver wheel was pushed forward after breaking off the leaf spring, pushing through the front wheel arch metal. The body deformed enough so that the driver's rear door is overlapping the body and can't be opened. The body / door gap on the opposite side is enlarged but the door operates:

When we ran outside the first reaction was to make sure the driver of the Celica was OK. He was dazed, but otherwise unhurt. We very quickly realized he was under the influence when he stated that he hadn't hit anything, and his speech was slurred. A quick call to 911 was made by my daughter. While waiting for the police to arrive the Celica driver messed around with items in his front seat. Soon enough we had local PD and fire on the scene. They didn't give him a field sobriety test right away, but he was "sat" on the curb and and the scene was investigated by now 2 rollers. After some time the gent was given a field test as a paddy wagon arrived. He was then arrested for DUI and possession of a controlled substance.

So here's why I posted. Not for a pity party, but to ask you all what you think my options are. He was insured, and since I only have collision on my now 17 year old truck I am dealing with his insurance company. They have already determined that it would take more to fix the truck than it it worth. I guess I have the option to have it fixed but the frame is bent and that eliminates towing in my eyes. I have a 26' travel trailer I got in '95 that is in great shape, not to mention that I pull auto trailers occasionally...

Bottom line is that they are only offering ~7600 for my truck. I love that truck. I bought it new. I can't replace it for 7600. Is there anything I can say to the insurance company to try and get a higher settlement?

Lastly - and I hate to ask this question - is there a basis for action against the guy who hit me?