BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ideas for a new model

Post Thanks / Like

Ideas for a new model

I recall that when Dave mentioned doing the 818, he also mentioned doing a truck project. I was wondering if he ever thought about a 4 door sedan rocket? With a focus on wookie space, cornering ability, and flexible power plants.

Thoughts or ideas. I envision a chevy SS or BMW e39 M5.
    Last edited by emos325; 11-18-2016 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Grammar

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Model A truck would be cool and so would a woody wagon. But maybe it would be better for customer satisfaction to put that energy into fixing the 33 Hot Rod body mold so that the body is actually symmetrical. FFR has done a good job on the frame production tolerances but that body is so far off it's hard to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    A Model A truck would be cool, But maybe it would be better for customer satisfaction to put that energy into fixing the 33 Hot Rod body mold so that the body is actually symmetrical. FFR has done a good job on the frame production tolerances but that body is so far off it's hard to work with.
    I agree 100% with you NAZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    The truck he mentioned was a trophy truck and there are a few companies out there that already make them. That would be a track only application and a huge leap from what they are used to doing. Not that they couldn't do it but street applications seem to suit them best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww a trophy truck! Well that might be cool for someone,just not me. I am trying to justify getting a bigger sedan for the baby and me. Plus my wife is 5'11 while I'm 5'4 so she needs the room and our cruze is cramped for road trips 3+ hours. Just wanted to throw that idea out there. I am lusting after a new SS but the budget is for baby only.

Anyone else have ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    put that energy into fixing the 33 Hot Rod body mold so that the body is actually symmetrical. FFR has done a good job on the frame production tolerances but that body is so far off it's hard to work with.
    Not going to happen now for sure.
    They put sensors on the glass body and scanned the shape into a digital image then used that to have the stamping molds made for the all steel 33. YEP the new steel 33 is shape wise an exact copy of the wonky glass 33. The changes made for the steel body that I saw/recall from SEMA are; The cowl area (under the hood) including the top edge of firewall was pushed down about an inch because the hood steel inner skin needed more room where it lays over the body. The body lip there tucks (over) the firewall instead of behind it for a cleaner look with less work to make it fit properly. The body horns coming forward from the cab that used to tuck under the lower control arms are bobbed just after the firewall area in a sweeping curve with a flange turned in. That curved flange mates with the new longer and taller chin piece. Those 2 changes should make the body easier to take off and on while mocking things up. The hood sides are louvered but the stamping die will be 2 pieces so you can order them with or without the louvers stamped in them. The doors are much stiffer on top even with the window cut-out stamped in them. The fuel filler flange that used to be in the lip of the trunk opening is not stamped in the body and is still being developed at this point as is the hardtop and maybe even the running boards. In a nutshell the steel body and hood HAVE to be used together but with minor fabrication to the glass all the other parts can be mixed. I intend to use steel doors and the steel chin piece on my glass body if it all works out as they say it will when they go into full production. The body is still wonky in all the same places but hopefully the steel will need a lot less prep work for paint so there should be less cost for a decent paint job.
    DB
    7Liter hemi33

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dale, you always have great info to share. There are design aspects of the FFR 33 that drew me to it over some of the other bodies & kits out there. Having purchased the “kit” and worked with it now, I’m disappointed that it has not worked out as well as I had hoped. It has required a great deal of rework to get to where I’m going with this build. Admittedly mine is not the typical street rod build. The chassis issues are one thing I should have caught early on and that’s my bad, but the body issues are really a PITA and something hard to foresee. In fact it is so bad I would not recommend this kit for anyone interested in building a replica 33 three-window. It hurts my brain to look at how far off this body is from side to side.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see something along the lines of the AMC Eagle. Something both sporty for the road and capable of being at home for off road use. Capable of being set up for off road racing or slogging through the mud.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a hardtop for the roadster?
    [email protected]
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    289 USRRC Build started January 2018
    Driven on track in FFR by Bob Bondurant himself in 2005, Phoeniz, AZ
    Build School May 2011 (Strongly recommended)

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol this got off track quick but I did open it up to "other ideas"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emos325 View Post
    Lol this got off track quick but I did open it up to "other ideas"
    emos
    How about a Truggy, that would be a fun FF truck that could use about any type of body and be street legal if desired.
    DB

Post Thanks / Like
    Eh I am more of a car guy. It could be cool but I am not really sure what you would use it for? Mudding, off roading, or just a fast *** truck?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emos325 View Post
    Eh I am more of a car guy.
    Me too
    I was just trying to put your thread back on track since we kind of hijacked it. Sometimes it is fun to see where they go off the rails other times not so much.
    ME;
    I REALLY would like to see a sedan delivery 33 so there's room for a family, luggage, power tour, drag week, street rodder tours etc.
    DB
    Hemi33

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Anything With Chevy Power As An Option Would Work For Me!

Post Thanks / Like
    WHY! Why If FF scan the glass car, then use the numbers from one side and flip them for the other side? I can do this on my C.N.C. wood working program .I know that they are not the same but there must a way! I asked FF and was told they payed some one to make the car like this because the real car was like this.I wonder what H. Ford would say .I gave up after that call. They could use the numbers to cut a plug for the glass car . Then life would be goood. They payed a guy to screw up my car?