Quote Originally Posted by Violaracer View Post
Here is some more progress. I was unable to complete the rear suspension on both sides because I managed to destroy some of the suspension parts (lateral links) trying to separate them. The manual shows the rear lateral links separated from the main hubs, so of course I tried to separate them with 3 hours of: torch, hammer, sledge hammer, cut off saw, hack saw, etc. After destroying the lateral link mounting points, I tried mounting one of the still connected other side to the frame (as I received them from Wayne) and guess what?.... fit on the car just fine. F$#%^&*!!! Anyway, new parts are on the way. Until then, I only have one side 1/2 done.

BTW, it would seem that fully connecting the rear axle to the engine and the suspension can only be properly accomplished AFTER the engine is mounted. The manual says to attach the drive shaft at the same time as as trying to get the engine mounted. It looks like the best method is to connect the drive shaft to the engine after the engine is mounted THEN connect it to the suspension that is not fully bolted in yet. In other words, don't connect the hubs to the frame until the engine is fully mounted with the shafts installed in the transmission.

20161219_125325.jpg

20161219_125428.jpg

20161219_133043.jpg

20161219_194433.jpg

20161219_205950.jpg

20161219_220148.jpg
leave the springs and upper links unhooked until the engine trans is in this gives enough room to get the axles in.