Thanks for the reply and recommendation. With the fuel tank so close to the passenger compartment, it makes sense to me to have at least a fuel pump shutoff and a vent roll over. I found several switches at vendors i have used before.

Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
An inertia switch is a good idea and there are many to choose from for your custom installation. Expect to pay around $65 maybe less. Ford used a variety of these that you should be able to make work. A search from any of the online auto parts companies, eBay, or Amazon will show you what's available. I'm building a much different car than yours and will use it to drag race. Besides a master battery and alternator disconnect my fuel pump will be wired through an oil pressure switch (kills the fuel pump when oil pressure is under 7 PSI), an inertia switch, and a check valve on the fuel supply line that shuts off in case a line is ruptured or ripped off in a crash. I've been burned (second degree) many times and take fire safety very serious now. Having the blisters on my burned skin scrapped off every other day for weeks changes your attitude from that won't happen to me to what can I do to mitigate the hazard. Spend the $65 and play it safe.