I bet Bob will answer this question.

I need to drain my tank (not fully but at least under the filler hole) to swap t-bolts at the bottom hose and filler neck tube junction and I know it will leak from there once I remove the t-bolt, hence the draining first.
Besides, the gas is 1yo and I prefer to have fresh gas when I start the engine again this Spring.

If I unplug the feed line's connector (white) on the pump in order to plug another line going to my portable gas container, will the fuel splash off until the pressure is relieved or there is no pressure and nothing will splash?
If nothing splashes, will fuel pour out or the line is empty? Last time I ran the engine was on Aug-5th.

I cannot remove the line at the FPR near my fuel rail, the way it's installed in that location on my VR6 I need to cut the line and re-create a new line (which means disconnecting from the fuel pump anyway). The design of my FPR is really bad, the hoses are too tight on the barb fittings (so they twist if I unscrew the fitting) and the location gives me no good access for tools and hands to have a good grip. Need to cut. Don't want to cut.

tnx