818Kits

Visit our community sponsor

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: John's EZ36R H6 818R Build

Finally got my coil pair wires swapped at the ECU plug. Thanks Wayne for that tip, a lot easier than cutting and re-splicing wires. The engine runs perfectly using full sequential and COP, so now I have to try to get James over at MSExtra to re-visit the "Subaru 36-2-2-2 VVT" wheel decoder to change the fuel and ignition triggers to 360 degrees out from their current position.

I will update this thread with the results from the MegaSquirt develops. I know a couple people are hoping to run these motors, possibly on MegaSquirt ECUs (I'm looking at you flynntuna ).
    Last edited by Hobby Racer; 12-06-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6

Congrats,. But... like they say on the forum, if there's no video it didn't happen
    Not sure yet whether or not I'm going to use Mega-Squirt or Haltech , though I'm leaning toward Haltech.
    My son went to school with a friend of his whose family owns a speed shop. They tune Mega-Squirt, but I also have a friend who is a Haltech dealer. I need to make that decision in a month or so. I

Yea, congrats on the progress! I just got the my DBW working last night, and I'm about to sort the position sensors and cam stuff.* If I had an exhaust I would be starting/go-karting soon!
    *EZ30R, Haltech 2500. So far I'm pretty happy with the Haltech system, features, S/W, etc. My first aftermarket ECU install.

Quote Originally Posted by DSR-3 View Post
    Yea, congrats on the progress! I just got the my DBW working last night, and I'm about to sort the position sensors and cam stuff.* If I had an exhaust I would be starting/go-karting soon!
    *EZ30R, Haltech 2500. So far I'm pretty happy with the Haltech system, features, S/W, etc. My first aftermarket ECU install.
    I was familiar with MegaSquirt as I put it my FFR Roadster. If I was to do it again I think I would opt for the Haltech unit as well, mostly for the DBW support.
    818R built with EZ36R H6

The Aussie ford 4.0 barra motor cable throttle body supposidly direct swap to ez30 second gen. Glad to hear it's up and running full senquential. Are all the cam sensors hall effect? If not I have had good luck with jbperformance VR conditioner board.
    Last edited by alpine227; 12-07-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine227 View Post
    The Aussie ford 4.0 barra motor cable throttle body supposidly direct swap to ez30 second gen. Glad to hear it's up and running full senquential. Are all the cam sensors hall effect? If not I have had good luck with jbperformance VR conditioner board.
    All the cam sensors are hall effect and getting solid signals. I currently have a DIY DBW controller board driving the factory throttle body but it lacks ECU idle control, still working on a solution for that.
    818R built with EZ36R H6

Throttle body spacer with iacv flange on it?

Throttle body spacer with iacv flange on it?
    That could work but I am working on a circuit to take the MS IAC stepper position value from the CAN bus and drive the DBW throttle in a small range (0-10% throttle).
    818R built with EZ36R H6

All your H6 818 needs now is a chain drive AWD system so you can keep up with Andy Forrest!

Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM and HPDE Rental at Oregon Raceway Park
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM, NASA ST3
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC & SCCA Sports Racer and HPDE Rental at Oregon Raceway Park
    Race Videos at www.facebook.com/ColRedRacing

Well I left my tuning computer in the garage and apparently Sub zero temps and I assume condensation destroyed the cooling fan so it shuts down after about 20secs of operation. But I had a brief thought of adjusting your trigger offset in tuner studio by 360 degrees instead of rewiring the coils.

Well I left my tuning computer in the garage and apparently Sub zero temps and I assume condensation destroyed the cooling fan so it shuts down after about 20secs of operation. But I had a brief thought of adjusting your trigger offset in tuner studio by 360 degrees instead of rewiring the coils.
    I tried that, didn't work. The firmware only allows a +- 20 degree change for that decoder
    818R built with EZ36R H6

Geesh haltech gives you 720 degrees of offset if I recall. I bumped your thread on the Ms forums worth keeping it towards the top the more it pops up the more likely it is to get addressed. Especially if someone can test and send logs with a working setup.

Thanks alpine227!

If anyone following this thread would like to help, please go over to the MS forum and chime in your interest in this motor combination running on MS3. The more interest the more responsive the developers might be.

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewto...?f=131&t=67870
    818R built with EZ36R H6

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567