Here is the separated trans mount.

IMG_20180702_134713.jpg IMG_20180702_134801.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam1017 View Post
why do you think the trans mount separated? did you use there primer? was there a profile on the metal to help?
No primer (instructions didn't call for it) and not really much profile for it to bite into, just media blasted. I think its not really meant to be used in tension.

IMG_20180702_135926.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lsfourwheeler View Post
What engine mounts are you running? It's possible that since you made a stiffer trans mount, if the engine mounts are stock or not stiff enough then more load will be carried by the trans mount (until it breaks of course). I don't know if that's the case for you, but if it is maybe look into matching the stiffness and range of motion for both the engine and trans mount so the load is balanced.
Using Subaru STI Group N motor mounts with custom top plates. They're plenty stiff but provide no real forward / back support. That is supposed to be handled by either the front dog bone, the trans mount, or both.

And here is my temporary fix as I need to be ready for the next track event at Watkins Glen in 2 weeks. Who knows, if it holds up well it could be my permanent fix
IMG_20180702_143708.jpg