And now the pendulum of my car of choice has swung to the Coupe (I have waffled for years between Coupe and Roadster, and have not started either due to "life" intruding). This is largely due to the introduction of the Gen 3 car: the new chassis, the revised body shape, and the increased interior room are all compelling.

So if I do take the plunge, there are 2 very different build plans I am considering. I'll summarize them both here, and I'd like any feedback y'all can give.

1. Period-correct

I have always been a big fan of period-correct cars, primarily from studying the roadster and its history. So for the coupe, this means I'd do something like the following:
15" Halibrand-look wheels
Sparse interior, with flat, black vinyl dash
Viking blue body, no stripes, with half of rear-end in Wimbledon white
331 stroker engine with either Weber 48 IDAs or twin Holleys
A/C (I am in Texas, and I realize that cold air is not exactly an original feature in these cars)
Vintage components in engine bay
IRS

2. Current-day
17" wheels of undetermined design. Rear wheels/tires quite wide.
Customized interior/dash (you may recall seeing the Terminator car on the other forum and what he did with his dash, seats and console). Possibly have a driver's side with the "wrap-around" aspects of the Gen 7 Corvette's dash and console.
Not sure of color, but not bound by typical choices. The rear-end would certainly be half/half colors. Some metallics might be in order.
Coyote engine
A/C
Fast Freddie's Hydro-Electric power steering
Under-car exhaust (oval tubing, exit through slots in the rear), mainly to reduce noise
IRS

You can see that these would yield quite different cars. You can also see I am just loosely cipherin' on some vague ideas at this point. Right now I am probably more intrigued by the current-day plan, mainly because it incorporates some ideas I have never previously considered (since I have thought mainly of doing a period-correct roadster).

Again, sure would love to get some feedback/ideas/questions from some of y'all.